"SO IT'S ALL COME DOWN TO THIS"!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Where does the time go!

I can't believe today is April 7. Where does the time go?  I enjoyed the weekend as we celebrated Easter.  No major events though.  I tried to listen to General Conference, but with work, etc., it was pretty hard.  We were to go over to my parent's house, but I decided not to attend as I just didn't plain feel like it.  Melo went to his Mom's house and had Easter dinner and was nice enough to bring me some dinner.  Ham is definitely one of my favorites!
Well the past week and a half has been flying.  Melo and I attended the Utah Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Convention on Friday.  Melo was presented with "Member of the Year!"  I am so proud of him.  He has worked so hard for the Chamber and I am so glad they have recognized all he has done for them.  He gave an excellent little speech and his presentation of the Don Quixote Awards went well! He and his crew did an excellent job.  So I went down and had a great lunch and hung out for a while and then went to teach piano that evening.  We basically crashed that night, since Melo has been working non-stop on that project.  It was good to actually see him for one full night! :)

On Staurday we attended India Night that our friend, Poonam put on.  What a fun night! They had some great musical artists, dancing and a fabulous fashion show that she put on! We actually were only going to go for a couple of hours, but the fashion show was pushed until almost the end of the night...so after watching and listening to all the artists from 8:45-12:00 a.m., we were pooped, but we had fun!

Monday night we had the pleasure of seeing Dianne Reeves at GAM.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lt4wjvTlXA.  She put on a sensational show that evening.  She was SPOT ON! I have never felt so much emotion from an artist.  She made me laugh, cry and sing! I actually had the opportunity to meet her and she signed my CD.  She is very inspirational and I am truly finding a deep appreciation for Jazz music.  It is the bomb!

Tuesday night, we also had the opportunity to see Little Dragon.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yedD4JsZyT0 WHOA!!!! After waiting for almost three hours for them to perform, (due to inclement weather, yes it snowed in April), they finally arrived and put on a superb concert!  I love Yukimi's voice and her energy.  She sang most of the songs that I wanted to hear and we had a great view of the show! Even Melo liked her.  It was a lot of fun and going to a concert during the middle of the week is such a rare thing to get to do, since I work almost every evening at the firm, so it was a real treat!

Today I started teaching a new piano student.  I am so excited that my studio is growing.  In the past, I have not had time to really involve myself with piano like I would like to, so I decided I am going to make time for it!  I now have 7 students.  It is so fun.  Each student is so different and I love that it keeps me on my toes and helps me with my self-confidence to know that I really can teach.  Ü

I am hoping to start private theory again with one of my old professors from the University of Utah.  She has been gracious enough to take me on privately and I am so excited! Watch out world...maybe I will be able to write some music after I get over my fear of theory! Ü

Other than that, this week has started out pretty well.  The days seem to be filled with a lot of different activities and new adventures.  Can't wait to see what the rest of the week brings. Ü

0 comments: