"SO IT'S ALL COME DOWN TO THIS"!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

April Showers

Well this last week has been somewhat eventful, although I can't remember what I did last weekend. :) So after phoning up Melo to see what we did, I guess I can continue. Oh yeah, how could I forget, we tried the Dine-O-Round downtown. We went to this great little tapa restaurant called Eva's. It wasn't that bad. I actually had no food allergies to any of the food and felt pretty good. I get sick from time to time when I eat out, so I am usually pretty cautious about trying new places, but like I said, it wasn't that bad. Prices were pretty good as well. We had a little excitement when we got there as a woman passed out and her date/boyfriend/husband, just picked her up and ran her out of the restaurant and yelled...call 911! He then proceeded to lay her on the ground to the side of the restaurant out front and that was that. It was pretty strange. After, we drove around for a little bit and then jetted home.

Over the weekend, Melo went up to Park City to celebrate one of his friend's birthday. I was so tired, I just laid around that night and ordered a pizza. Nothing like a pig out. :)

Sunday, we met up with our friends to celebrate birthdays. Gabi's was on the 12th and Scotty's was on the 17. So we met up at SL Pizza and Pasta for their brunch and enjoyed just catching up with Bob and Nancy and Cristina and the kids. It was a fun time. Later that day we went over to Belen's house to have the "first" bbq. I absolutely love the smell of bbqs and couldn't get enough of it that evening. The weather was perfect and it was so relaxing. I was very excited for Belen's potato salad, as it is the best! We enjoyed catching up and it was a great intro to the new week.

I finally went in for my endoscopy this week. Boy oh boy...am I getting old. They will have my test results back in the next 10 days, so it's just the waiting game. :) They had to dilate my esophagus, which I think I will never do again, but they found some strictures (scar tissue) and since I tend to get food stuck in my throat, they decided to do the "procedure". Not a big deal, but it felt like someone had dislocated my chest bone. It normally takes 24-48 hours to be okay, some people they are okay right away, but for me...I'm barely finding relief as of today. I had a sore throat for 2 days and if I lean in a certain way, I still have a little bit of pain, but what can ya' do? Just wait it out. On Wednesday I thought I might have to go to emergency as the pain was getting a little worse. But with a heating pad and some warm tea and my prescription, I was doing okay. Just needed a little extra rest I guess.

So this week has been a lazy week. I have so many things to do, but I just needed to stay down. I'm glad I'm feeling back to normal. Acid reflux sucks!

0 comments: