"SO IT'S ALL COME DOWN TO THIS"!

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Highlights of the Month of March

I think I will try to elaborate more when I have time, but I was looking at my calendar, ready to change it and just wanted to highlight some fun and not so fun events that Melo and I have done this month.

We both attended the Camerata Awards Dinner to represent Daynes Music.  We had a fabulous time. From hob-nobbing with complete strangers, to eating a fabulous dinner and the listening to some excellent music we enjoyed ourselves very much!  What a fun night! That same night, we hiked up to the Union Building, (mind you I was in my highest of high black heels in the freezing, somewhat snowy night) to support our friend, Eduardo with his event to support Hispanic Business students and tried to dance the Cumbia...I think "someone" may need some lessons...Ü

I also attended a funeral this month of baby Zachary who was born on March 17, but sadly passed away.  I hope that the Lord continues to bless our friends as they mourn the loss of their little boy.  It made me realize how precious life truly is.

We also attended our friend, Cory's birthday party.  We ate great food at Squatters and hit the bowling alley, the Ritz.  It brought back so many memories for me as I used to spend my weekends there (my highs school days) dancing the night away to the sounds of the Cure, , Siouxsie and the Banshees and the ultimate Frankie Goes to Hollywood, ("the Power of Love"),etc.  Good times!  We had a blast!

Ruthie, one of my co-workers at Daynes finished her last week with us as she is getting ready to have her baby.  Emma Grace arrived March 30th!  We are so excited for her and David and I can't wait to see both of them.

We also celebrated one of our dearest friend's birthday, Dennis. Melo and Dennis have many years as great friends and we were so excited to spend our evening with their family and friends.  We went to Tuscany and had some great Italian food, and it was so nice to catch up with them.  We hope that we can spend more time with them once the weather gets better!

We also celebrated another birthday that same evening with some long time friends as well.  Kamillah turned 17 and was throwing a party!  Melo remembers her as a baby and can't believe how old she is getting.  Her parents threw her a FABULOUS party with a DJ, food, an oxygen bar and a little "mini" bar with yes...non-alcoholic drinks. Pamela and Cristian were fantastic bartenders.  What a great night!

Many more birthdays were celebrated this month, my niece Briana, my great friends, Jen Snow and Brigette and my brother! What a fun month!

I also caught up with my fabulous friend, Evie, who is the most incredible person I know.  We had dinner together and even though we have had so much time pass, it didn't even feel that way after we started talking.  I'm so blessed to have such a great friend like her.

Well I guess we're on to April...Bring it On! Ü

0 comments: