"SO IT'S ALL COME DOWN TO THIS"!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Thanksgiving Day

Thanksgiving was filled with a lot of firsts this year. We were planning on going to Little America to celebrate as we really didn't have any plans for dinner and all the bros and sisters were going to their in-laws and my "in-law" hasn't been feeling well and they were going somewhere for Thanksgiving. So we woke up and it wouldn't be Thanksgiving without watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. It was great! We then had a new tradition as we jetted over to my sister's home to have "pie for breakfast"! I loved it. Since we wouldn't be eating dinner over at their home we at least wanted to see them, so she decided to have us over for pie. It was a fabulous idea! I enjoyed the pie and the company. We were going to do some volunteer work at the Greek church, but decided on the whim that we would go home and make our own dinner and bag the idea of going to the Little America. So we jetted over to Smiths...I know, I know...I was one of those shoppers that ruined a Smiths employee's Thanksgiving. I at least apologized to them. ;)

We already had a thawed turkey as we were going to make one so that we would have leftovers and we really had all the makings of a dinner. We had fresh cranberries, yams, potatoes, brussel sprouts...so we dug in and made dinner. We had some friends that didn't have any plans so they ended up joining us. We started the turkey at 3:30 and were eating by 8:00 p.m. It was the perfect day. The turkey was FABULOUS! I suggest anyone to use Ina Garten's recipe for turkey. It was great. I was so proud of myself and Melo that we could really pull it off. We watched our traditional movie.."Planes, Trains and Automobiles" and enjoyed the rest of the evening.

So it all came down that I was able to spend my day with my honey making our very own tradition. It will be a day I will never forget. I am so very thankful for Melo. He is why I live. :)

2 comments:

Swimmingmom

Hey! I didn't even know you had a blog or two! Just saw your comment on mine. You're so funny. Glad to have another way to keep in touch. Love you Amy!

Swimmingmom

Oh, by the way, I just watched that movie for the first time last week. What a riot! Good for you on the turkey dinner!