"SO IT'S ALL COME DOWN TO THIS"!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Oh Fall...why did you have to come so fast?

Well Fall has arrived. It's crazy how time has flown. It just seemed like I was planting my flowers yesterday and getting ready for summer and now it's officially over. Fall brings a new chapter in my life and I love the sense of renewal.

As this time of year approaches, I am reminded of a poem that my grandmother sent me on my mission, which is called "The Seasons of My Soul" by Helen Steiner Rice. This poem depicted how I felt at that time in my life, and it has always stuck with me. For some reason, my grandmother knew exactly when to send me that letter because it truly helped me in one of my most trying times on my mission. I love it because that particular letter means so much to me. Take a read:

The Seasons Of My Soul by: Helen Steiner Rice

Why am I cast down
And despondently sad
When I long to be happy
And joyous and glad?

Why is my heart heavy
With unfathomable weight
As I try to escape
This soul-saddened state?

I ask myself often ...
"What makes life this way,
Why is the song silenced
In the heart that was gay?"

And then, with God's help
It all becomes clear,
The "Soul" has its "Seasons"
Just the same as the year.

I, too, must pass through
Life's autumn of dying,
A desolate period
Of heart-hurt and crying.

Followed by winter
In whose frostbitten hand
My heart is as frozen
As the snow-covered land.

Yes, man too must pass
Through the seasons God sends,
Content in the knowledge
That everything ends.

And, Oh! What a blessing
To know there are reasons
And to find that our soul
Must, too, have it's seasons.

"Bounteous Seasons"
And "Barren Ones," too.
Times for rejoicing
And times to be blue.

But meeting these seasons
Of dark desolation
With strength that
is born Of anticipation

That comes from knowing
That "autumn-time sadness"
Will surely be followed by a
"Springtime of Gladness."


How I love this poem.

I have always loved the fall. And even though this poem gives a feeling that autumn is a time of sadness..I feel the opposite. The clean, crisp air makes me happy. I absolutely love leaving the windows open at night and feeling that chill; pulling out the blankets and snuggling in bed. I love putting away my summer clothes and pulling out my fall sweaters. I know, I know, that we are still in the mid 80's and I shouldn't get ahead of myself, but I feel excitment as the season is changing.

Life has been pretty busy lately, but what's new? I have started teaching more and my studio is up to 5 students. :) Hopefuly in the next couple of weeks I will be adding three more to the bunch. :) My goal is to obtain 10 students and cap there. We'll see what the future brings. However, I am very grateful that I have the opportunity to teach all my students and find it a privilege and honor to be a part of their lives.

Lately, we (Melo and I) have been anxiously awaiting to hear some great news, as in a job offer for Melo. He has put it out to the universe, and I am in full belief that he will find something very, very soon. I am keeping my fingers crossed and have a continual prayer in my heart that he may find work and get the opportunity to do what he has always dreamnt of. Dreams do come true, don't ya know? As soon as I hear word, you'll be the first to know.

Last weekend we had alot of fun, as my Mom and Dad hosted the "last" cookout with the whole family. We had so much yummy food and just visited. The evening was sublime. We played a little croquet and I loved catching up with my siblings. I truly miss all of them. I know we are all so busy, but I know I need to make them a priority in my life. Hopefully I can work on it more. We also attended the State Fair and the Carmelite Fair and it was a fantastic weekend.

Melo has also been such a busy bee lately. He actually has been putting together a 72-hour kit for us, just in case of an emergency. He has taken all the initiative and it has been so cool to see him be so organized. He is getting us so prepared and his concern for us has been such a blessing to me. Without him, I truly wouldn't know what I would do. Although, he sometimes gets on my nerves, he truly is "mi media naranja". I'm truly grateful for him and all that he does for me and I appreciate his true patience with me.

As we are approaching the season of gratefulness; my goal is to write down one thing that I am grateful for each day until the end of the year. I am in hopes that I can truly find what is important to me and to full heartedly be grateful for all that I have. So here goes my first one:

I am grateful for Melo, because he always makes me the best meals ever, and never complains.

Well until next time. :)

0 comments: